Irish Home Energy Rating (IHER) Energy Services was established in 2007 by Michael Hanratty, Bill Sheldrick and Energy Action Limited. Prior to 2007, the business activities of IHER Energy Services were offered and conducted within a dedicated business unit within the charity Energy Action Limited. As the scale and scope of the energy rating training and related activities had grown significantly by the end of 2006, it was decided to establish IHER Energy Services Limited as a separate energy consultancy company.
IHER Energy Services is an independent energy consultancy company with a recognised expertise in:
- Training Services: developing and delivering training in building energy rating assessment, renewable energy systems and low carbon refurbishment
- BER Surveying and Auditing Services: surveying and auditing the energy performance of dwellings including provision of BER certificates
- Building Energy Rating Consultancy Services:
- providing building energy rating consultancy advice to householders/architect teams seeking to retrofit dwellings to low energy specifications including renewable sources of energy
- providing thermal imaging and air-tightness testing services
- Consultancy and Research Services: delivering consultancy and research services on the building energy performance of dwellings to clients such as Energy Action for Intelligent Energy Europe projects, SEAI, ESB, The Department of Environment Heritage and Local Government and Dublin City Council.
Our Experience in Field of Energy Auditing and BER Assessment
IHER Energy Services has been operating as an energy rating consultancy in Ireland for more than 15 years – thus we have vast experience compared to almost any other new entrants to this field in Ireland.
IHER Energy Services was one of the first FETAC approved Building Energy Rating trainers in Ireland, and has run over 25 courses since May 2007, training more than 400 BER assessors from across all four provinces in Ireland.