More info Green Building Course
- develop an awareness of the environmental problems arising from conventional construction practices
- be familiar with the principles and practices of green building
- be familiar with the ‘pallette’ of green building materials and techniques available
- understand how energy consumption in all stages of a building’s lifecycle can be minimised
- acquire the knowledge to be able to communicate their ideas to an architect and become a more informed participant in the process of the design of their own home.
The Key Topics to be discussed
- Green Building in Perspective
- The Elements of a Green House
- Choosing Your Materials
- Designing for Energy Efficiency
- Different Approaches to Meeting Housing Need
- Approaching Design
- Health and Safety
- Practical EcoBuilding
The learning outcomes for this course are outlined in full in the FETAC L22108 module descriptor.