More info Renewable Energy Systems
Candidates who successfully complete this course will:
- develop knowledge in energy system terminology
- develop an appreciation of sustainability issues (environmental, construction, social, economic, etc.)
- develop knowledge and understanding of solar energy source, wind energy source, hydro energy source, biomass energy sources and their characteristics
- develop knowledge and understanding of geothermal heating systems and their economics
- develop knowledge and understanding of energy efficient and sustainable building design and its principles
This training course is intended for those who might only have a limited knowledge of renewable technologies but who would have a broad knowledge of building construction and building energy. Course participants would include trades persons, engineers, architects and building energy assessors. A knowledge of the SEAI BER assessment DEAP software would be useful but is not essential.
The learning outcomes for this course are outlined in full in the FETAC N22967 module descriptor.