QQI 6N0732 BER Assessor Training Course for New & Existing Dwellings
Block 1: (2 days)
Block 2: (2 days)
Block 3: (2 days)
Week 1 October 5th & 6th
Week 2 October 12th & 13TH
Week 3 October 19th & 20th
This training is designed to produce competent assessors capable of producing Building Energy Rating Assessments in accordance with the DEAP methodology.
On completion of this comprehensive 6 day Zoom class and 8 hours distance learning, participants will be able to:
- Explain key objectives and the background to the European Performance of Building Directive
- Demonstrate the ability to complete primary energy use and CO2 emission calculations required by the Building Regulations Part L and as outlined in the associated Technical Guidance Document to the Building Regulations
- Demonstrate the ability to collect data from plans, specifications and physical surveys to correctly calculate BERs and CO2 emissions using the DEAP software for both new and existing dwellings of varying complexity
- Produce BER Certificates and Advisory Reports for dwellings
- Explain the significance, in BER terms, of varying the specifications of dwellings.
Why choose us?
- IHER Energy Services has been developing and delivering training in building energy rating assessment and energy awareness related subjects since 1992.
- In December 2006, IHER Energy Services ran the first Building Energy Rating training courses commissioned by the SEAI, though GMIT, and was subsequently commissioned directly to develop and deliver SEAI’s first training courses on carrying out energy audit surveys of existing dwellings in June 2008.
- We were one of the first FETAC approved Building Energy Rating trainers in Ireland and since 2007, we have run over 50 Building Energy Rating training courses and have trained more than 400 BER assessors from across all four provinces in Ireland.
- We have been operating as an energy rating consultancy in Ireland for more than 15 years thus, we have vast experience conducting research into the energy performance of dwellings and BER analysis for Intelligent Energy Europe (IEE) projects, Part L compliance and retrofit consultancy services.
- Since 2012 we have been delivering training on behalf of the Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland (RIAI) on the DEAP methodology and Part L compliance
- Our nationwide network of BER assessors has published thousands of residential BER certificates and hundreds of commercial BER certificates. We have also produced energy retrofit reports for more than 3,000 houses under the ESB’s Halo scheme in 2009/2010.
- As well as providing all students with publicly available DEAP manual (version 3.2.1) and Part L of the Building Regulations (2011 versions), we will also provide students with a U Value conventions manual (BR443 -Conventions for U-value calculations), a U value calculator tool and an up-to- date copy of all course presentations.
- In addition, our unique existing dwellings assessor manual and work book, designed and developed by Dr Bill Sheldrick will be provided to all of our students. This 115 page colour manual will inform students from Bill’s vast range of knowledge of Irish housing stock from his 20 years experience working as a teacher and consultant in the residential energy rating field in Ireland and Scotland.
- Our considerable experience in delivering BER training has informed the duration, content and delivery of our training programme to enable all learners to acquire all learning outcomes comprehensively. Our 6 day course programme is delivered in 2 modules with a short break between modules and 8 hours distance learning. This structure provides beneficial additional learning time for the student to further review the Block 1 content prior to moving onto Block 2.
Next Course Date:
Block 1: DEAP Methodology & Existing Dwelling Assessments
Block 2: New Dwelling Assessments, Part L Compliance & Renewables
** There will be an 8 hour distance learning required to complete the course.
Course Fee: €1,450.00
If you require further information on training as a BER Assessor please contact Michael on 01 454 8300.
There are currently 635 registered BER assessors for dwellings nationwide.